Starting with the 2016-17 school year, our school will have a new magnet theme and be known as the East Millbrook Academy of the Visual and Performing Arts.
We will retain the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme, which includes challenging academic curricula with a global focus.
Students attending East Millbrook will experience:
- Extensive, enhanced arts offerings every day. Course offerings in visual arts, band, orchestra, dance, drama and/or chorus
- Opportunity for multiple levels of proficiency in the Arts Academy
- Expanded world languages offerings
- Community performance opportunities
Learning environment will inspire creativity
- Collaborative partnerships with local artists and performing arts groups
- Flexible spaces that support student collaboration and artistic design
- School-wide showcase of student artwork
- Cultural arts experiences that integrate global curricula