Consent for Technology and Digital Resource Use Form
Students it is imperative that you turn in the Consent for Technology and Digital Resource Use form. If a student does not turn in this form or the parent chooses “Deny” students will not be able to use any school computers, take any computer based classes including NCVPS or GradPoint and they will not be allowed to have a PowerSchool account. Forms should be turned into your first period teacher as soon as possible.
A school climate conducive to serious study and respect for oneself, others, and property is essential to meet the needs of youth. Each school principal has the authority and responsibility to take whatever reasonable and legal action is necessary to establish and maintain appropriate student behav
SPARTAN DISCIPLINE & TARDY PROGRAM
All students are responsible for complying with and are expected to be familiar with the WCPSS Code of Student Conduct and school board policies governing student behavior and conduct. All Code of Conduct policies are contained in the WCPSS Student/Parent Handbook, which is distributed at the beginning of each school year or upon enrollment in the WCPSS. If there is a conflict between the
rules expressed in the school handbook and the Code of Student Conduct policies, the WCPSS Code of Student Conduct policies shall take precedence.
We believe that teachers have the right to teach and students have the right to learn. Every student has the right to be free from distractions and harm caused by inappropriate behavior in the classroom. Sanderson’s Discipline Program focuses on helping students develop self-discipline and on creating the best learning environment for all. Administration reserves the right to modify consequences for inappropriate behavior based on student need.
SANDERSON HONOR CODE
The students of Sanderson High School are expected to be honest and responsible in the completion of academic materials and interactions with the school administration and community. Cheating, stealing, plagiarism (passing off another's work, words, or ideas as one's own), and lying (including willful distortion or misrepresentation) are considered violations of the Honor Code. Through a joint fulfillment of this code, students and faculty will achieve their fullest potential in academic excellence and character.
NON-NEGOTIABLES for STUDENTS
A decision about “why” you have chosen not to abide by one of the non-negotiables is not an option. Students are expected to comply with all rules and regulations set forth by WCPSS and Sanderson High School. Failure to comply with these 5 expectations may result in OSS.
- CLASS OR PASS - If you are in the halls, you must have a pass and it must be presented when requested by an adult.
- STAY OR PAY - If students are out of place and are approached by any adult, they must remain in the presence of that individual until the issue is resolved.
- COMPLY OR GOODBYE - Students are expected to follow the rules while on campus. Failure to comply with reasonable requests may result in OSS.
- ON TIME OR SERVE TIME - Students are expected to get to class on time. Failure to comply will result in consequences.
- TRUTH OR CONSEQUENCES - Students are expected to display the highest level of integrity. Cheating, lying, stealing, & falsification will not be tolerated.