Courses & Curriculum
Holly Springs High School offers a variety of Advanced Placement courses including:
- English: AP English Language, AP English Literature
- Fine Arts: AP Studio Art, AP Art History
- Math: AP Calculus AB and AP Calculus BC, AP Statistics
- Science: AP Biology, AP Chemistry, AP Environmental Science, AP Physics I, AP Physics C
- Social Studies: AP Government, AP Human Geography, AP Psychology, AP US History
- World Languages: AP Spanish Language
Descriptions of each course can be found by viewing the brochure linked to the right of this page.
This program was developed by the College Board in response to feedback from higher education. It seeks to "equip students with the independent research, collaborative teamwork, and communication skills valued by colleges." Students participating in this program would start in their sophomore year by taking AP Seminar.
are you interested in learning more about the benefits of Capstone? This video
from College Board is a great place to start!
want an example of the type of experience you can expect in AP Capstone? Check out this video
from College Board to see an example of a student-generated research question from a student's perspective.
Summer Reading / Work for AP Courses
For the 2017-18 school year, the only Advanced Placement course with a summer assignment is AP United States History. You can find the assignment at the link below.
For More Information
For more information about our AP program, please contact the AP Department Chair, Ms. Vinson (email@example.com) or Assistant Principal Melissa Hurst (firstname.lastname@example.org).