Greetings Powell Families,
- Happy Mother’s Day – We hope that all of our Powell mothers, grandmothers, aunts and special women in our student’s lives have a nice and relaxing Mother’s Day! Thanks for all that you do each and every day!
- Magnet Track Meet – Best of luck to our Powell Track team as they compete in the WCPSS Magnet Track Meet this Tuesday, May 16th at Meredith College.
- Powell Volunteer Breakfast – We couldn’t do what we do at Powell without the many volunteers who contribute their time. We would like to celebrate you this Friday, May 19th, at 8:45 AM in the Multi-Purpose room. Please RSVP to your classroom teacher.
- Yearbook Sales: The yearbooks are officially on sale. Payments are accepted every Tuesday and Thursday from 8:45-9:30 in the lobby. For only $17, you will receive a 48 page full color yearbook. Checks should be made out to Powell PTA and cash is accepted. If you prefer, you can buy your yearbook online atcom. Yearbooks are limited and will remain on sale until they are sold out so don’t delay! Email Sherri Pinkham at email@example.com with questions.
- PTA is seeking candidates for PTA officers for next year’s board:Serving on the PTA is a great way to give back to the students and teachers in our school community. The vote will most likely take place on May 25th. It would be wonderful if candidates can attend the meeting, but it is not required to run. If you are interested in running for the following positions, please email Traci Veenstra - Veenstra@gmail.com,
- Vice President
- EOG Proctors STILL Needed – We need you…even if your child is not in 3-5 grade. As a proctor, you simply assist the teacher in creating a secure testing environment. A short testing proctor training will be required. If you are available and willing to proctor for the Reading or Math EOGs on Tuesday, May 30th or Wednesday, May 31st, please contact our testing coordinator, Ms. Sidney Fox – firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you in advance for your support!
- Student Transportation Information – We are excited to announce that student transportation information can now be found in one single location, Home Base, also known as Powerschool. In order to provide the highest level of customer service to our families we are asking those of you who do not yet have a Powerschool account to stop by the school office and speak to our data manager, Mrs. Carolyn Bost, to complete the necessary form. You can find more information at wcpss.net/student-information. Once you have a Powerschool account, look for the transportation tab to see your student’s transportation status and type. If your student is a bus rider, stop and route information is also provided.
Have a great week!
Curtis Brower, Principal