Greetings Powell Families,
- Spring Break – No School for staff or Students this week, April 10th – 14th I hope that you each have a restful and well deserved Spring Break.
- McTeacher Night – Thank you for joining us for McTeacher Night. We are excited to share that our PTA will be receiving a check for $756…WOW!! Thanks for your support!
- Spring Garden Mob & Powell Clean Up Day – Thanks to our partnership with Leadership Raleigh, we are ready to get our courtyard prepared for spring planting & build a fence for our chickens, Rae & Louise... grab your work gloves & help us weed, shovel, spread mulch & soil, or build a fence on April 22nd 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM We need you! Please RSVP on this link: Spring Garden Mob 2017
- Earth Week Junk Art Projects Due – It’s time for Powell’s annual junk art contest. Students may bring junk art sculptures or 2-D projects to the school lobby April 19th – 21st. Entries will be displayed throughout the week as we celebrate Earth Week. Encourage your child to use as many trash and recycling items as possible to design a creative entry!
- Family Survey – We are asking for feedback as to how our new magnet theme implementation is going. Please use the link below to fill out the survey. https://goo.gl/forms/YZJHRKCd8RwcYfvX2
- EOG Proctors Needed – We need you! As a proctor, you simply assist the teacher in creating a secure testing environment. A short testing proctor training will be required. If you are available and willing to proctor for the Reading and Math EOGs on Tuesday, May 30th, Wednesday, May 31st, and Thursday, June 1st, please contact our testing coordinator, Ms. Sidney Fox – firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you in advance for your support!
- Single Subject Acceleration (SSA) – Single Subject Acceleration (SSA) in the Wake County Public School System (WCPSS) is a practice through which students meeting qualifying criteria in grades K‐7 can take advanced academic content in mathematics or English/Language Arts (ELA) for the purpose of providing access to appropriately challenging learning opportunities. Parents may nominate their child for SSA during the nomination window, which is open from 4/06/17 – 04/26/17 For more information, contact our AIG Coordinator, Ms. Sidney Fox – email@example.com
- Quarter 3 Report Cards – Report Cards came home with students this past Friday, April 7th.
Have a great Spring Break!
Curtis Brower, Principal