In addition to the projects outlined in the proposed building program, which totals $939.9 million, staff members have identified $7.5 million in security upgrades for schools throughout WCPSS.
If voters allow the county to proceed with the bonds and the building program as proposed, Wake County government would pay for the following critical security needs from money the county already has on hand:
- High schools to have minimum number of 64 security cameras per school
- Middle schools to have minimum number of 32 security cameras per school
- Elementary schools to have minimum number of 16 security cameras per school
- All elementary schools to receive card access system doors; access systems on eight exterior doors
- All elementary schools to receive entrance access systems consisting of electronic door locks at main entrance, with camera and intercom
For more information, visit the 2013 Proposed Building Program website. >>