Parents can sign up now for a series of Parent Academy workshops designed to help families get more engaged and support student success.
Choose from 15 workshops that begin January 15 and cover a wide range of topics. The first session focuses on the new Common Core approach to math in grades K-12. Parents will receive information to help them better understand the new guidelines that describe the essential math skills and knowledge that students must master each year.
- January 15 Millbrook Magnet High, 2201 Spring Forest Road, Raleigh, NC 27615
- January 16 Reedy Creek Middle, 930 Reedy Creek Road, Cary, NC 27513
- January 17 Knightdale High, 100 Bryan Chalk Lane, Knightdale, NC 27545
The sessions run from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. and will be presented in English and Spanish. Childcare will be available for children 4-13 years old.
Future workshop topics will include:
- keeping children safe at school,
- life in the digital world,
- transitioning to the next grade level,
- planning for college,
- preparing for End-of-Grade testing,
- dealing with bullying and
- support for teen literacy.
All sessions will be offered at Millbrook Magnet High, Reedy Creek Middle and Knightdale High.
All events are free and open to the public. Registration is required. Classes begin in January and continue weekly through April. Register here.