All eight seniors from the Millbrook High varsity women’s basketball team signed letters of intent to play college basketball today. The school held a celebration in the auditorium as part of National Signing Day.
Chris East is the team’s head coach. “I’ve never heard of anything similar to this before,” East said. “To have eight students in one class sign to play college ball is just outstanding.”
Parents and friends celebrated with the students signing their letters of intent to play college ball next year. The eight players and institutions they signed letters to attend are:
- Courtney Best – Campbell University
- Bria Day – Syracuse University
- Brianna Day – Syracuse University
- Ryan Flowers – University of North Carolina at Wilmington
- Brianna Hinton – Barton College
- Mykia Jones – Wake Forest University
- Katelyn Mitchell – University of North Carolina at Pembroke
- Alex Tomlinson – Wingate University
Millbrook High School won the 2012 North Carolina 4-A Women’s Basketball Championship and is a favorite to repeat in 2013.