Eleven WCPSS middle schools were honored for Sportsmanship for the 2010-11 school year as voted on by each conference.
Honored were Fuquay-Varina and Holly Grove in Southern (Division 1); Reedy Creek and West Cary in Southern (Division 2); Martin, Carroll and Daniels in Central; Wake Forest-Rolesville and East Wake in Northern (Division 1); and Leesville and Wakefield in Northern (Division 2).
The schools that earned recognition received comments from coaches of other teams in their conferences that included:
- Coach was very gracious after game
- Coaches were very helpful with injuries and extended a warm welcome to all the teams
- Student-athletes displayed good sportsmanship
- Coach followed up with an e-mail to congratulate our team
- Opposing players played hard while not losing the focus of good sportsmanship
- Great in assisting to make sure we had everything needed
- Greeted the bus and showed us where to park
- Explained the location of the bathroom and other facilities
- Good control of the home crowd
- Sport Safety Technician went above and beyond with an injured player on our team
- Played very cleanly, well coached
- Friendly and accommodating
- Sent cards to players injured
- Exhibited great character
The eleven schools will have the “Conference Sportsmanship Banner” to hang up in their school for the Winter Sports Season.
Thanks to Bobby Guthrie for sharing his news.