Students interested in participating in middle school athletics should familiarize themselves with the following general regulations, academic and attendance requirements, and athletic policies. In order to be eligible to play a sport at North Garner Middle School, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must have a medical exam and submit the WCPSS Middle School Athletic Participation Form before trying out, practicing, or playing a sport.
- You must meet promotion requirements for the previous school year in order to eligible.
- Must earn passing grades (D or better) in language arts and mathematics, science or social studies. In addition to the core course requirement, at least fiftypercent of all remaining courses must be passed.
- Must not turn 15 on or before August 31st of that school year.
- You must attend school at least 85% of the days of the previous semester in order to participate the following semester.
- You must live with a parent/guardian and be assigned to North Garner Middle School.
- You must be in attendance at school all day to participate or practice that day. The only exception is a doctor's appointment or other activities approved by the principal.
If you have any questions, please contact our Athletic Director Mr. Foy at email@example.com or (919) 662-2434 ext. 21390