2017-2018 Bus Transportation Information
Follow us on Twitter @FullerElem for the latest updates on bus delays, arrivals, and daily departure times!Important information regarding bus service registration, as well as answers to frequently asked questions, can be found on the WCPSS website at this link: WCPSS Transportation InformationBus Transportation Information for 2017-2018:
Dual Stops & Alternate Stops
- If your student is eligible for transportation (i.e. if your child is a magnet student or if Fuller is your base school and you do not live in the walk zone) and will be riding the bus from the same address to the same school next year, you do not need to take action.
- If you need to update your bus service for next year (e.g. if you did not ride the bus this year and want to begin riding the bus next year, or if you rode the bus to school or home from school this year and want to ride round-trip next year), please complete the online form located at www.wcpss.net/busrider.
- You can find up-to-date transportation information in your student’s Home Base/PowerSchool account. (This a new tool that equips families with up-to-date, personalized bus information - contact Fuller's data manager if you need assistance with Home Base/PowerSchool access.)
- For 2017-18, WCPSS Transportation will begin using email and text messaging to provide bus service information. Families must keep their email addresses and phone numbers current in Powerschool to receive timely and important information. (You may update this information by sending a note to your child's teacher).
- Transportation-eligible families who need to make changes for 2017-18 (as described above) must submit the online form by July 24, 2017, to ensure service on the first day of school.
- Requests received after this cutoff date will be processed in the order received and WCPSS Transportation will make every effort to provide service as quickly as possible.
WCPSS Bus Boarding Procedures:
- Transportation will begin receiving requests for Dual Stops for Joint Custody, Alternate Stop (Before and After-School Care) and Transportation–Ineligible (i.e. transfer) students on September 26, 2017.
- We have begun a process to retain existing Alternate Stops that are located in the base attendance area. Transportation will be contacting these families directly.
In an effort to ensure student safety in boarding busses, WCPSS has instituted specific boarding procedures. Students waiting at bus stops are required to wait for a visual signal from their bus driver before they approach and board the bus. We will review these procedures with students during the first week of school, but parents and students are asked to review and discuss these procedures together, and to view the following bus safety videos:
Riding the Bus on the First Day of School:
All students utilizing bus transportation should plan to begin riding the bus on the first day of school. This allows WCPSS Transportation to accurately assess bus service and make necessary adjustments as expediently as possible. Every effort has been made to develop efficient bus routes for this school year, and it is crucial for all bus students to utilize bus service consistently right from the start of the year.
- WCPSS Transportation Guidelines
- WCPSS Transportation Online Bus Routes (latest updates)
- Delays or Issues (live-link from Transportation)
- New Bus Rider Registration (Request a Bus Stop)
- Transportation Change Request Form
- WCPSS Transportation Customer Service Contact Form
How do I find my child’s bus information?
WCPSS will post 2017-2018 bus routes in mid-August at this link: Fuller Bus Routes. Mark your calendar to review your student’s bus assignment and bus stop location/time.
What time should my child get to the bus stop?
Students should be ready and waiting for the bus at least 10 minutes before the bus is expected to arrive. Parents can anticipate a stop time based on the route start time, estimating 3 minutes between stops. The time between stops will vary by neighborhood. Parents are asked to use their own judgment knowing distances between published stops. The exact stop time will vary during the first weeks of school. Please prepare for additional wait times during this period.
Where do I find my stop time?
Transportation will post new bus routes for schools one week prior to the opening of the new school year. Families should check the bus routes to find the stop closest to their address. Each year, bus stops change based on the students who ride the route. Parents and students may ask drivers for an estimated afternoon drop-off time.
What if my child needs an afternoon stop other than our home address (Boys & Girls Club, babysitter, grandparent, etc.)?
Requests for alternate stops for before- and after-school care and transportation requests for transfer students are not being accepted at this time. These requests may be made beginning on September 26, 2017, at the link listed above. DO NOT COMPLETE THE TRANSPORTATION REQUEST FORM BEFORE THIS DATE.
How can I find out if the bus is running off schedule in the morning?
Parents may view bus schedule information at this live link: Bus Schedule Updates.