SCHOOL PROFILEWakefield Middle School is a tradition calendar middle school serving 1060 students. Wakefield Middle is located in Northern Wake County near the town of Wake Forest. Just north of and east of Falls Lake, the campus is centrally located in the Wakefield Community. The middle school is adjacent to Wakefield Elementary and High Schools. Wakefield Middle is a comprehensive public middle school that offers a traditional curriculum based on the North Carolina Standard Course of Study.HistoryWakefield Middle School opened in 1999 with just a 6th grade class located in the Wakefield Elementary School building. Sanderson High School utilized the current middle school building durng their renovation in 1999. Wakefield Middle School officially opened its doors in 2000 with a commitment to providing an education which prepares all students for future challenges.More than decade later Wakefield’s staff remains committed to challenging and supporting student growth through rigorous instruction and differentiation to improve student achievement.
Wakefield Middle School -Vision 2020
Wakefield Middle School students will be prepared to reach their full potential in high school, equipped for 21st century challenges and will be inspired to be conscientious citizens.
Wakefield Middle School - Mission 2020
Wakefield Middle School will provide a relevant, rigorous and engaging education, promote positive character development and develop student skills in collaboration, creativity, communication and critical thinking.
- We believe student-teacher relationships are at the center of a learning and form the foundation of a positive school climate.
- We believe students and staff have a right to a safe and equitable environment in which to learn and teach.
- We believe teachers, students, administrators and parents share responsibility for learning, decision-making and success.
- We believe each student and staff member have unique talents and strengths that enhance the classroom experience.
- We believe that middle school students have unique physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs.
- We believe in the importance of developing character and teaching students to be effective collaborators, communicators and creative/critical thinkers.
- We believe our responsibility is to utilize engaging instructional practices and to participate in continuous improvement.
Degrees and Certifications: